Ways to Register & Other Information
Print and complete a registration (pdf) and mail it to GAC, P.O. Box 589, Guilford, CT 06437 along with the FULL tuition fee (check or credit card).
Visit GAC during office hours: Monday-Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM.
Call 203.453.5947 and use a credit card to pay the FULL tuition to reserve your place.
Print and complete a registration (pdf) and fax it to 203.453.6237 with the FULL tuition (credit card only).
Attention GUILFORD ART CENTER Members! In order for you to receive your member discount when registering online for classes, please select that you “Forgot your password?” the first time you log on. You will be asked to enter your email address, and a password will be sent to you. If your email address is not found, please call the Center so that your email address can be added to our database and you can receive a password.
GAC is handicapped accessible.
PLEASE NOTE: Children who have some learning or social challenges can participate in classes at the GUILFORD ART CENTER. Members of our youth faculty have received training and materials from SARAH KIDSTEPS, through a grant from the Guilford Fund for Education. We recommend you speak with a staff member to discuss your child’s needs and suggestions for meeting them.
The GUILFORD ART CENTER offers financial aid for adults and children enrolling in classes at the Center. Financial Aid is based on need. Selection is made by the Financial Aid Committee. Click here to download and print a financial aid form. Forms must be returned no later than ten days before the beginning of classes/term. The GUILFORD ART CENTER generally offers partial financial aid to enable as many students as possible to participate in our programs. A minimum tuition deposit of $20 is required with all financial aid applications. All financial aid applications may be dropped off at the GUILFORD ART CENTER office or mailed to: Financial Aid Committee, Guilford Art Center, P.O. Box 589, Guilford, CT 06437
The GUILFORD ART CENTER is closed on New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- If a program is oversubscribed when a student’s payment is received, the student will be notified and the full amount will be refunded or may be applied toward another course.
- If a class or workshop is canceled due to insufficient enrollment, students will be notified and full tuition will be refunded or may be applied toward another course.
- Students who withdraw from a class or workshop up to two weeks before the first class are eligible for a full refund. Up to one week before the first class, students who withdraw are eligible for a credit, less a $25 registration fee. After that time, no consideration will be given without a written medical excuse. Credits may only be for classes going forward from the date excuse is received by GUILFORD ART CENTER.
- Students missing a regularly scheduled class will not receive a refund or a makeup class.
- Classes not held due to bad weather or instructor’s absence will be rescheduled. Call 203.453.5947 X16 for weather cancellations.
- GUILFORD ART CENTER reserves the right to change its calendar, withdraw or modify course of instruction or substitute instructors at anytime.
- GUILFORD ART CENTER is committed to your privacy. We will always make sure that any personal information you provide is kept confidential. It will not be sold or shared. Your email address may be used to keep you informed of current and upcoming GAC programs and events.
GUILFORD ART CENTER periodically documents classes and workshops through still photography and video for publicity purposes. These images are used for the course brochure, our website, advertisements, articles and other publicity materials for the benefit of the Center. Registration in a course at GAC includes permission to photograph you and/or your artwork and to use your image in its publicity materials unless you inform the photographer that you do not wish to have your photograph taken. If you do not want to allow GAC to photograph your child for publicity purposes, please notify us at the time of registration.