We’re Here, We’re Strong & Ready for 2022
Despite pandemic challenges, GAC has been standing strong, with amazing support from our community. We know that the arts foster wellness and connectivity, provide respite, and spark joy. Now more than ever, GAC is serving these needs for our students and visitors.
Innovation & Energy Carried Us Through 2021
- Over 1500 students enrolled in our classes, both safely in person and virtually. Having 350 kids return to campus for the Summer Youth Program was especially uplifting and fun this year.
- Six exhibitions enlivened our gallery, including faculty and students shows that celebrated artistic resilience, vibrant works by local fiber collective Sisters in Cloth, and the return of the Guilford Art League.
- Our Shop supported the handmade works of more than 200 American artisans, and we upgraded our online shopping features for even more convenience.
- A new Artisan Pop-Up series, held throughout the summer, helped bring visitors to campus and supported 30 exhibiting artisans. We are so looking forward to the return of our full Craft Expo event this coming July!
- We welcomed new Resident Potter Nicole Ginsburg, who will mentor students during studio sessions and develop her own work with an eye toward a one-person show in our gallery.
- We launched a collaboration with Women & Family Life Center, with GAC providing an art component during client meetings. And we continue to develop more free outreach opportunities.
- A whopping 140 guests supported our annual Soup for Good event, celebrating our talented ceramics community and raising important funds for GAC and the Guilford Food Bank this year.
Your support will help GAC do even better things in 2022. Thank you for partnering with us to strengthen our programs and facilities, and provide educational opportunities for all. We wish you a happy and healthy New Year!
Maureen Belden, Executive Director