It is the policy of the GUILFORD ART CENTER to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religious creed, age, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected characteristic. To apply for a staff position or if you are interested in joining the faculty of the GUILFORD ART CENTER, please submit a cover letter and resume to: GUILFORD ART CENTER, 411 Church Street, Guilford, CT 06437.
Visitor Service staff members are responsible for providing the optimal experience for all GAC visitors, students, shoppers and callers. They will possess full knowledge of GAC classes, events, and operational procedures. They will answer phones and register students. They will also conduct shop and gallery sales and fulfill other related duties. Works closely with Education Coordinator and Shop Manager; supervised by Executive Director and Operations Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answering phone calls and welcoming all visitors, students, and shoppers with a warm and informative manner, including full knowledge of GAC classes, events, and operational procedures
- Processing all class registrations using computerized registration system
- Selling event tickets and processing other transactions
- Making shop sales and assisting with display, data entry and ticketing of merchandise, inventories, packing and shipping, keeping shop and merchandise clean, polished, etc.
- Day-end reconciliation of all monies: registrations, shop sales, and other transactions
- Assisting other staff with occasional projects
Requirements: Strong people skills; ability to multi-task; positive can-do attitude; dependability; familiarity with, or ability to learn, computerized registration and POS systems; knowledge of Microsoft Office; ability to lift up to 40 lbs, bend, and stand for extended periods of time
Hours: 20 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 9am-1pm or 1-5pm
Benefits: 25% off classes during any school semester year-round; 35% off all purchases in the shop and gallery year-round; six paid holidays per year
To Apply: Send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-ins. The position will begin late January.
Teaching positions are available for semester long classes and weekend workshops. Consideration is given to those with prior teaching experience and to curriculum that complements the programs at the Center. If you are interested in joining the faculty of the Guilford Art Center, please submit a cover letter and resume to: Executive Director, Guilford Art Center, 411 Church Street, Guilford, CT 06437. For more information, please contact us.