It is the policy of the GUILFORD ART CENTER to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religious creed, age, sex, marital status, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected characteristic. To apply for a staff position or if you are interested in joining the faculty of the GUILFORD ART CENTER, please submit a cover letter and resume to: GUILFORD ART CENTER, 411 Church Street, Guilford, CT 06437.
The Shop Administrator provides strategic oversight and management of The Shop at Guilford Art Center. The retail shop features works by contemporary American artisans and operates on a consignment basis. The Shop Administrator works to steward retail operations, secure vendors, display works, maintain all records, brainstorm marketing ideas, and help supervise shop assistants. The position is supervised by Executive Director and Operations Director & CFO.
- Stewardship of retail operations, including identifying and researching trends, and brainstorming marketing strategies to help grow audience and increase sales.
- Researching and identifying potential vendors through personal knowledge, suggestions, internet research, trade show visits, etc.
- Corresponding with and preparing consignment agreements for participating artists.
- Managing Artisan POS system and related functions for inventory, sales, etc.
- Displaying/merchandising work; reordering work as necessary.
- Arranging for ordering of boxes, bags, supplies, etc.
- Arranging for shipping works to/from the Center.
- Scheduling and overseeing shop assistants, including training and seasonal training.
- Securing volunteers.
Hours: 20/week, with additional hours during holiday sale, October-January
Email resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Teaching positions are available for semester long classes and weekend workshops. Consideration is given to those with prior teaching experience and to curriculum that complements the programs at the Center. If you are interested in joining the faculty of the Guilford Art Center, please submit a cover letter and resume to: Executive Director, Guilford Art Center, 411 Church Street, Guilford, CT 06437. For more information, please contact us.