Ways to Register & Other Information
You can register online for courses here: online catalog
By Mail or Email
Print and complete a Registration Form (pdf) and mail it to GAC, P.O. Box 589, Guilford, CT 06437, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the FULL tuition fee (check or credit card). We will contact you to confirm your registration once it is received and processed.
Print and complete a Registration Form (pdf) and fax it to 203.453.6237 with the FULL tuition (credit card only).
Attention GUILFORD ART CENTER Members! In order for you to receive your member discount when registering online for classes, please select that you “Forgot your password?” the first time you log on. You will be asked to enter your email address, and a password will be sent to you. If your email address is not found, please call the Center so that your email address can be added to our database and you can receive a password.
GAC is handicapped accessible.
Students who have learning or social challenges are welcome to participate in classes at the Guilford Art Center. We recommend you speak with a staff member to discuss you or your child’s needs and suggestions for best meeting them in the classroom.
The GUILFORD ART CENTER offers financial aid for adults and children enrolling in classes at the Center. Financial aid is based on need and interest. Click here to download and print a financial aid form. Forms must be returned no later than ten days before the beginning of the semester for which the aid is being requested. Financial aid may be limited to classes that do not otherwise have full enrollment. The GUILFORD ART CENTER generally offers partial financial aid to enable as many students as possible to participate in our programs. All applicants must submit the first page of their last federal tax return. All information will be kept confidential. Financial aid applications should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Financial Aid Committee, Guilford Art Center, PO Box 589, Guilford, CT 06437.
The GUILFORD ART CENTER is closed on New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- If a program is oversubscribed when a student’s payment is received, the student will be notified and the full amount will be refunded or may be applied toward another course.
- If a class or workshop is canceled due to insufficient enrollment, students will be notified and full tuition will be refunded or may be applied toward another course.
- Students who withdraw from a class or workshop up to two weeks before the first class are eligible for a full refund. Up to one week before the first class, students who withdraw are eligible for a credit, less a $25 registration fee. After that, consideration can only be given with a written medical excuse, or in the case of other extraordinary circumstances. Credits may only be for classes going forward from the date excuse is received by GUILFORD ART CENTER.
- Students missing a regularly scheduled class will not receive a refund or a makeup class.
- Classes not held due to bad weather or instructor’s absence will be rescheduled, usually at the end of the semester. Call 203.453.5947 for weather cancellations, which will be announced on the main phone message line ONLY IN THE CASE OF CANCELLATION. Please note: GAC does not follow the cancellation schedule of Guilford Public Schools. Please always check to see if a class is cancelled.
- GUILFORD ART CENTER reserves the right to change its calendar, withdraw or modify course of instruction or substitute instructors at anytime.
- GUILFORD ART CENTER is committed to your privacy. We will always make sure that any personal information you provide is kept confidential. It will not be sold or shared. Your email address may be used to keep you informed of current and upcoming GAC programs and events.
GUILFORD ART CENTER periodically documents classes and workshops through still photography and video for publicity purposes. These images are used for the course brochure, our website, advertisements, articles and other publicity materials for the benefit of the Center. Registration in a course at GAC includes permission to photograph you and/or your artwork and to use your image in its publicity materials unless you inform the photographer that you do not wish to have your photograph taken. If you do not want to allow GAC to photograph your child for publicity purposes, please notify us at the time of registration.