GAC Covid-19 Protocols
Guilford Art Center Covid-19 Protocols Update: September 20, 2021
As many restrictions have been lifted by the state of Connecticut, GAC has reviewed our guidelines with respect to what makes most sense for our organization.
We have made the decision to continue to require mask-wearing for all students and instructors in our school, and visitors and staff in our shop and gallery, regardless of vaccination status. For the time being, especially with the rise of new variants, we feel this is the best way to continue emphasize the health and comfort levels of our GAC community.
Thank you for your help with respecting the guidelines below.
Campus-wide requirements for all visitors, students, faculty and staff:
- All students and instructors in our school, and visitors and staff in our shop and gallery, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask.
- Anyone who is feeling ill or has been exposed to anyone who is ill should not come onto campus.**
- If a visitor, student, faculty or staff member, or anyone in their household, is suspected of having COVID-19, or has tested positive for COVID-19, they should notify GAC immediately. Privacy will be respected; however, we will take necessary action to communicate any potential spread of the virus, including closing for a short time in order to clean and disinfect.
**Self-Health screenings for employees and visitors are required before entry: check for these Covid-19 symptoms, including: cough, shortness of breath, or any of the following symptoms: fever; chills; repeated shaking with chills; muscle pain; headache; sore throat; new loss of taste or smell. If someone does have symptoms, or if they have come into close contact with someone who tests positive for Covid-19, they are asked to not return to campus until they have followed current state of Connecticut and CDC guidelines, available here:
- All studios and restrooms will continue to be regularly cleaned, including the sanitizing of high-touch surfaces.
- There will be additional disinfecting supplies in studios and restrooms for public use.
- Touch-less hand sanitizers can be found in each studio in our school, in the forge, and in the gallery and shop.
While many of our Covid-19 guidelines are no longer formally required, many of them worked well in the past year, and students are encouraged to “stay safe” by continuing these general guidelines:
- We encourage only registered students, instructors and staff to be in the school building. Drop-in visitors are discouraged.
- Classes will begin and end promptly at their scheduled times. It is requested that students not arrive early nor stay late.
- No food will be allowed in the studios. Kitchen facilities and coffee maker will not be in use. School refrigerator will be used for youth program lunches only.
- Windows and doors may be open to increase airflow, please dress accordingly.
- Use of shared materials and tools and equipment will continue to be limited. Students are asked to clean shared tools and equipment after use.
Each studio may have unique requirements, in addition to those noted above, with additional measures or exceptions. These will be posted in each studio.
Coronavirus / COVID-19 Warning & Disclaimer
Despite our careful attention to cleaning and social distancing, Guilford Art Center cannot guarantee that visitors or employees will not become exposed to or infected with COVID-19 while on our campus. COVID-19 is highly contagious and there is a risk of exposure and infection at any time and any place. By using our facilities or participating in our programs, members of our community are acknowledging and accepting these risks.